Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness

This Post Is A Little Late But We Still Felt That It Needed To Be Posted.. Enjoy
Breast Cancer Awareness By Nikkia Moore


Definition of breast cancer: Cancer that forms in tissues of the breast, usually the ducts (tubes that carry milk to the nipple) and lobules (glands that make milk). It occurs in both men and women, although male breast cancer is rare.

It is estimated that 230,480 women will be diagnosed with and 39,520 women will die of cancer of the breast in 2011. The key to fighting breast cancer is early detection. The lady you see above is my mother, Lillie Orsby. She has survived breast cancer for 13 years. This present day, at the age of 64, she is the Director of Nursing at a Skilled Nursing facility in Chicago, IL. Early detection is what saved my mother's life. For her being a nurse, knowing that regular exams and well woman checkups are important, were helpful tools. Not all women are completely aware of the urgency and necessity in doing so. A lot of women are simply scared; don't want it to be them, so they negate these responsibilities. I myself used to feel hey, I'll just get a checkup if I feel sick! Well after learning my mother had breast cancer, of course, I became more concerned

No comments:

Post a Comment