Monday, October 17, 2011

Eerie Stories From A Planet Called: My Mother




By Nerak's Corner
"Girl let go of my dress! I have some work to do! I can't move with you constantly holding on!" My grandmother said to my mother as they were walking into the house.
As a little girl, mother was very bashful and shy. She would hide behind her mother's dress tail when strangers came around.
My mother grew up in the south during the 40's. She lived in a small home that had dirt floors. There was no electricity. They used lanterns and a fireplace for light. There were only two bedrooms. Her parents slept in one and she had to share the other room with her siblings. There were seven girls and three boys.
She use to tell me stories about a lot of eerie things that happened to her when she was little.



Trapped Underneath Her House

My mother had three baby chicks that she kept as pets. One day she was outside playing with them when one got away. It ran under the house. My mother crawled under the house after it. She grabbed the baby chick but panicked because she went too far. That day she discovered the meaning of claustrophobia. She couldn't move. She was trapped under the house by her fears.
She screamed but no one could hear her. All she could remember was seeing two legs and two black shoes come around the house. She heard a male voice saying, "You got stuck, eh?" And then she felt someone grabbing her legs and pulling her out. Once she got out, she looked around but did not see anyone there. Until this day, she does not know who or what had pulled her out.
...I believe that it was her guardian angel coming to her rescue.

The Dumb Supper

When my mother was growing up they had strange traditions. One of them was to cook for their dead relatives. They called this a "dumb supper."
Apparently, no one was suppose to speak while preparing or eating the meal. They would set a place at the table for their dead relatives in hopes that they would be able to communicate with them.
My mother said she remembered peeking around the corner as her mother and relatives prepared the meal. However, she did not remember having a supernatural encounter with any of her relatives during the dinner.
...I am sure glad that she didn't keep that tradition.

The Lady That Turned Into A Mole

Her mother's sister had passed away. As a result, my grandmother inherited her dishes. My mother did not like those dishes. She knew that her aunt loved them and was afraid that she would come back for them.
Later on that night while my mother was in bed, she saw a woman come into her room. She had long arms and wore a white veil on her face. The woman got into the bed next to her. My mom was so afraid that she didn't open her eyes for the rest of the night. When she finally woke up in the morning, a mole was in the bed next to her.
...I honestly think that was a true haunted possessions moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment