Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The 2011 Hip Hop Awards

By Tiffany Denton
I you haven't had the chance to see the BET 2011 Hip Hop Awards, let me tell you it wasn't very good this year. This is my own personal opinion of course but there were a few highlights that I must admit were a delight.
One of the first of the night's excitement for me was watching T.I perform, it has been quite a while since he rocked a stage. And leave it to BET to always bring our hip-hop artist who have been..lets just say on vacation back to the spotlight with class and respect.

Another great moment was seeing my man Busta win the first award for Best Featured Verse in a song. He is so very sexy." Look at me now" won a few times through the night for different things. Congrats Chris!

Okay, moving on to another treat of the night was defiantly seeing the appearance by DMX and Swizz Beatz! I was so happy to see DMX back on stage, and he appeared excited to be there as well.

Also seeing  Da Brat back and looking good was a pleasure, we hope to see big things coming from her real soon.
So with some more wins for Chris Brown and a little more funny jokes from Mike Epps there was really not much more to the show in my opinon. Aside from the finale with Tyrese  and Heavy D and Seeing My Girl Tracee Ellis Ross and  LL Cool J. It was not as good as I expected, but maybe I expected to much. Never the less it was still hip-hop and we love and support it to the fullest!
 Until next Time Light and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment