Thursday, October 6, 2011

Alopecia And Hair Loss

By, Tiffany Denton
Alopecia, which means hair loss, is of epidemic proportion for many women of color. Although there have been magazine articles and television segments about alopecia, it continues to be poorly understood by many women. There are many different causes of alopecia that affect women with brown skin. However, there are two types of hair loss that women with curly or tightly coiled hair are plagued with: central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia.

Alopecia is a devastating condition for all women, despite the cause. All women want to have their own healthy hair. Hair loss effects self-esteem, social interactions and relationships. 
Being a woman of color and having very long thick hair as a child and very much through my 20's I always thought I would have my hair. But going through life and its tremondos ups and down took a toll on my body and hair. I have alopecia and was very upset when I found out I could lose all or majority of my hair. But being a woman of all things natural I decided to look for alternatives. And have found wonderful products that saved my hair. Please check out the link to the website and the picture of the product.


http://www.nativeremedies.com
and the products I use are here below
http://www.justnaturalskincare.com
Alopecia is a condition is thought to be an autoimmune disorder in
which the body attacks its own hair follicles and stops hair growth.

There is evidence that T cell lymphocytes cluster around these 
follicles, causing inflammation and subsequent hair loss.

An unknown environmental trigger such as emotional stress or a
pathogen is thought to combine with hereditary factors to cause the
condition.

A study reported in the journal Archives of Dermatology (vol. 134,
1998;1349-52) showed effectiveness of aromatherapy essential oils
(cedarwood, thyme, and rosemary oils) in some patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment