Friday, October 7, 2011

I Use To Be A Tomboy

Nerak's Corner

I Use To Be A Tomboy By, Nerak


I preferred race cars over dolls.
And loved to hang with the boys just to hit baseballs.
I rode a dirt bike and did stunts.
I didn't care to play dress up or to wear my mother's pumps.
No dress for me, only jeans.
My mother couldn't change my mind by any means.
No lipgloss, no painted fingernails.
Just a baseball cap and tightly braided pigtails.
I was a tomboy that played rough.
Riding bikes with boys made me look really tough.
As I grew older, my body started to change.
And the boys started to look at me and act real strange.
Then the tomboy erupted and changed into a girl.
And all of the sweetness inside started to unfurl.
It was a hard adjustment but I made it through.
Learning the etiquette of being a young lady was hard to do.
I still let the tomboy sneak out from time to time.
But I reaped the benefits of evolving into a young lady just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment